Parties are a fun way to get together with friends, meet new people, relax and unwind from a tough work week. But along with good music and laughs with friends there’s also a danger of overeating, since the tables are gonna be filled with snacks and everyone around you will be nibbling on something. Resisting temptation may be hard, but not impossible, so you can truly enjoy a party without arriving home with a feeling of guilt. Here are our favorite tips on how to avoid overindulging.
1. Scan all the food at the buffet and look for shrimp with cocktail sauce; it’s close to fat-free and high in protein, iron, and the antioxidant lycopene.
2. Ignore all the foods you’re already familiar with and try out new, interesting foods. This way you’ll get to taste new flavors and save a few calories. Plus, everyone at the party will be impressed with your openness to new things.
3. Grab your camera on the way to the party and assume the designated photographer role. This will keep you busy so you won’t have time to think about food. Not to mention this you can easily break the ice with the cutest guy at the party.
4. Do not arrive starving at the party. Have an ounce of nuts and a glass of skim milk before going, the fat in the nuts and the protein in the milk will calm your appetite.
5. Watch your alcohol intake. Try and alternate alcoholic drinks with sparkling water.